Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last updated June 20, 2023
Pivo Inc. complies with the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees.
As a California resident, you have the following privacy rights regarding your personal information:
- The right to know and right to access the personal information we have collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom the business discloses personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information the business has collected about the consumer.
- The right to delete personal information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
- The right of portability, or right to have us transfer your personal information to other persons or entities upon your request.
- The right to limit the use of your sensitive information if we decide in the future to use such information for purposes other than the purposes listed in this notice.
1. Information We Collect:
We may collect the following categories of personal information from job applicants:
- Contact information: such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number.
- Professional information: including your resume, cover letter, employment history, educational background, skills, and qualifications.
- References: contact information and feedback from individuals you have provided as references.
- Interview information: notes and assessments made during interviews and other selection methods.
2. How We Use Your Information:
We use the personal information provided by job applicants for the following purposes:
- Assessing your qualifications and suitability for the position you have applied for.
- Verifying the accuracy of the information provided.
- Conducting reference checks.
- Communicating with you about your application and the recruitment process.
- Complying with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
3. Information Sharing:
We may share your personal information with the following parties for the purposes described above:
- Internal personnel involved in the recruitment process.
- Third-party service providers who assist us in recruiting and evaluating applicants.
- Government or regulatory authorities, when required by law or in response to a legal process.
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
4. Data Retention:
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this notice, or as required by applicable laws and regulations. If your application is unsuccessful, we may retain your information for a reasonable period to consider you for future employment opportunities, unless you request us to delete it.
5. Data Security:
We employ appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your personal information. However, no data transmission over the internet or storage system can be guaranteed as 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant absolute security of any information you transmit to us.
6. Your Rights:
As a job applicant, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, including the right to access, correct, or delete your data. If you wish to exercise these rights or have any questions or concerns about the processing of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details provided below.
7. Updates to this Notice:
8. Contact Us:
3003 North 1st Street Suite 307
San Jose, CA 95134